Re: New Vector monitor project progress

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 18:32:12 EDT

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:16:13 -0400, you wrote:

>It's looking like a good choice is a new 19" WG monitor K7000 series I think.
>The specs say standard horizontal resolution of 640 I think that's good enough.
>Do we need to mess with "medium resolution" monitors? I'm not familiar with them.

Yes!! Medium resolution rules! And if you want the proper
replacement for your Star Wars, it'll have to be medium res.

The only difference (as far as X/Y goes, since scan rate will be
meaningless at this point) is the pixel size of the CRT, whatever you
come up with for the low res, should work the same on med res.
monitors. You might want to start with low res for *experiments*
since I'm sure these are cheaper..

-Zonn