Re: New Vector monitor project progress

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 14:06:40 EDT

Your friend needs to check out the link in the message you responded
to.

The displayed brightness of objects available in an X/Y display is why
they use a dedicated X/Y mode, as opposed to the use of raster
simulating an X/Y monitor (as in an emulator).

This is not to say there are not monitors, being used by the military,
that emulate X/Y modes using a raster screen (I've worked with
monitors in the medical field which do exactly that), but "knowing" of
these monitors does not mean that real X/Y / Raster monitors do not
exist.

-Zonn