Space Duel HV advice

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 13:59:42 EDT

This game is SO close to working. All we need now is about 19,975 volts.

We've got no HV. We got +/- 25v compliments of the LV2000. We do NOT have
+180v pin 5 of (whatever should have 180v on pin 5 :-). We have about 25v
there instead. And we have yet another botched repair by a previous tech.

C905 33uf 160v had been replaced with a 47uf. ARGH. fixed. Several badly
jumpered broken traces have been fixed. The caps all look to have been replaced recently. The MPSA06/2N3904 have
not. I've got a bag of MPSA06's and will try to grab an 2N3904 tonight.

The resistors all check out OK in circuit (correct ohmns, no open or
shorts). I ran out of solder wick last night, but did the diode check on the
above transistors in circuit. Nothing showed bad, though that doesn't mean
much in circuit. The transistors mounted to the HV cage passed a diode
check.

Short of just replacing all the other transistors, any other obivous things
I should be checking that would cause the 180v to be 25v instead ?

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/