RE: New Vector monitor project progress : YOKES

From: <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 20:07:27 EDT

I thought of hand winding, but I wouldn't want to wind that inner
yoke winding. Take a look at one. I can't be done by hand,
unless you had a custom form and epoxy dip for winding. I might
entertain winding the outside coil by hand, for testing or in
a fix.

Thanks for the comments.
-James

=================================
I was thinking about that... If you knew where to just get the
raw components (yoke "plastic", ferrites, wire) you could probably
"contract it out" to any EE's with 9 to 14 year old kids to hand
wind them. Even if you pay them $20 each it'd still be cheap.
 (I always got stuck picking damn
cherry's or strawberry's when I was a kid-- winding transformers
would be cool! Better than stitching soccer balls or tennis
shoes for Kathy Lee...
;-)

Most of the "pro" places are probably figuring they'll need to
configure a machine, *not* be doing something else more profitable
with the machine while the video-nerd's puny little 100 piece
run goes, they have to buy raw materials for 500-1000 when you
only want 100, etc. (So they charge a
bunch.)

-Clay

-----