Re: PUFF the magic G08, lived, by the sea...

From: Mark E Davidson <Burbs1_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 22:50:18 EDT

Caps are really not the issue here. I have a good shop down the street that can
get, or has higher voltage caps at higher temp. ranges. I guess the real
question is the deflection transistor substation and if the replacement is
better then the original. I plan on chipping in my own findings to Marks G08
FAQ, with hopefully some solutions on improvements. Already Im finding better
caps are available for the HV section (which makes me wonder why the cap kit
doesn't not include them).

Another mystery is the "spot killer" for the G08. They seem to turn off the
heater for deflection failure. Doesn't anyone know where documentation exists
on how this works? I could see mis judging a bad HV board or fly back when you
get no heater voltage and is the cut off adjustable for testing purposes?

-=Mark=-