Vector monitor project

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 05:24:13 EDT

I have looked high and low for a place to get those vector
yokes
and, oddly enough, it seems to be the same place you've been

getting Amplifone flybacks---none other than Wintron!

See http://www.wintrontech.com/yokes/yokes.html for the
general
idea, and keep in mind I think they are probably talking
custom
yokes here, BUT at least they claim to be able to make a
yoke with
about any inductance a person would want---even as low as .1
mH
per winding! You might not want to go quite that low (at
least
without finding out what the current drive requirements are
first), but
at least we aren't talking the 5 mH minimum vertical
windings I've
seen elsewhere that would take almost 250 volts to drive!!

And we already know they will at least talk in small
quantities and
are vector group friendly! AND they already have a usable
flyback. Start talking around 50 to 100 units instead of 1
to 2 and
the prices should get realistic fairly quickly.

AND if you define the yoke in such a way (by careful choice
of
inductance) that it could be a universal replacement for our
current
yokes you could have a real winner here.

Maybe they would supply the tube (and socket), yoke,
convergence assembly, and flyback (and perhaps a metal
frame)
as a 'kit' that we would just add the deflection board to.

Worth a shot, anyhow.