RE: Vector monitor project

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_fastlane.net>
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 09:02:48 EDT

From: Rodger Boots [SMTP:rlboots@cedar-rapids.net]
Subject: Vector monitor project

<snip>

>same place you've been getting Amplifone flybacks---
>none other than Wintron!

>And we already know they will at least talk in small
>quantities and are vector group friendly! AND they already
>have a usable flyback. Start talking around 50 to 100
>units instead of 1 to 2 and the prices should get realistic fairly quickly.

From talking with them, I get the impression their main customers
are the military and to a lesser extent, medical.

My point is that they seem to have the "$900 hammer" mentality.

On the flybacks, their prices were still insane, even at qty 100.

Maybe you'll have better luck.

On the other hand, the guy from Zanen may have an off-shore
contact that could make them (and hopefully faster than the
FBTs they're supposedly making!).