RE: Logic Analyzer

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 13:43:01 EDT

> I guess this email is directed mostly towards Clay, but I thought it might
> be a good discussion to bring back up.
>
> I've been thinking of picking up a Tek 1241 logic analyzer sometime in the
> near future and have noticed one or too discussions in the past about
> developing a mnemonics multicart for the processors commonly found in our
> beloved games. (6502, z80, 6809, etc)
>
> Is this multi-mnemonic cart (or should I say Multi-Pack?) still a future
> possibity?

Yes, actually. It's just fallen off my radar since Jeff was the only person
asking me for it. ;-)

Since the Tek1240/1 was designed up here at Tek (I actually interviewed the
guy behind it for a position here at Diamond!) I've found some local guys in
Tek product support that loaded me up with all the ROM images and I bought
all the old cartridges I could to use the housings for new carts. It's
pretty trivial to make some multi-carts for it, but I wanted to also include
the functionality of a 64K SRAM cart for storing profiles. I just need to
do some more ohm-ing out the SRAM carts.

While I'm thinking of it-- if anyone needs a really loaded-for-bear Arium
ML4400 Logic Analyzer, drop me a note. (No pods, but 400 channels at full
100MHz splittable into four separate 100 channel/100MHz "virtual" logic
analyzers.) It's preloaded with every mnemonic software they had (z80,
6502, 6809, 68000, 1802, 6800, 8088, 8080, 80486,pentium, etc.) They were
used by Sequent up here to debug multi-processor Pentium systems...

-Clay