Re: PUFF the magic G08, lived, by the sea...

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 14:14:09 EDT

I've brought this up before, but one more time with feeling.

Back in my Showbiz Pizza days we had an Eliminator that every
so often would 'eliminate' a set of 2N6259s. The 'fix' ended up
being reconnection of the power transformer taps. The
Gremlin/Sega vector game power transformer has connections for
110 volts and 240 volts. The power from the wall was close to
130 volts. The other tech's solution (I had no part of it at the time)
was to apply the input power from the 110 to the 240 volts taps.
The 0 volt start of the winding was unconnected.

Say what you will, but that monitor quit blowing transistors.