Re: PUFF the magic G08, lived, by the sea...

From: Mark A. Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 10:24:50 EDT

Mark Jenison

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Mark E Davidson wrote:

> "Mark A. Jenison" wrote:
>

> > Do not use the 2N6259s...also, some caps are incorrect (as you have
> > found out).
> >

> Why do you say that Mark? The revision 3 monitor came with 2N6259s I just
> doubled check with the NOS G08 I have in the shop.

D'Oh! Damn typos...I've been working from a telnet session for the past
three days due to the network admins moving my system and thus screwing my
account up royally, and lost a bunch of my e-mail...uh, yeah, so that's
why I made that mistake ;-)

The transistors in the cap kits (2N3716) are insufficient. I've always
used 2N6259's, and have never seen a G08 which used the MJ15003/4 combo.

> > No other comments accept:
> >
> > www.enteract.com/~jenison/mars
> >
> > Contains an FAQ for the Electrohome G08 monitor...it has been helpful
> > to some people, but needs more contributions from the gurus...
>
> Yea, You did a great job starting that up... I plan on helping you make it as
> good as the WG FAQ write up

Yay! I still plan on documenting the 19VLTP22 tube swap for the G08 one
of these days.