Re: PUFF the magic G08, lived, by the sea...

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 00:38:09 EDT

As an addition to the FAQ on XY testing, you CAN run an XY monitor with the
YOKE unplugged. This will allow you to measure the center voltage of the
output transistors (should be either half of the supply voltage (GO8) or
0.00VDC(WG/Ampliphone). with the inputs shorted to ground. Note the the
output transistors MUST NOT BE UNPLUGGED or you will blow up your drivers.

Consided the XY monitor as an audio amp that you can watch the output and
you might have a few clues at so the service side of these turkeys.

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com