Re: Vector monitor project

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 12:22:34 EDT

>'...'why new vector monitors (or
> conversion kits) were going to be created.
>
> Was it to create a source for new ones to complete projects that don't
have
> monitors (monitor shortage)?
>
> Or was it to create a source of readily obtainable monitors for repairs?
>
> If it was to create a source of monitors for repairs - is there a common
part
> that is mostly to blame? How about reproducing it?

I read about the High Voltage being too expensive to replace, CRT's being
costly, and deflection boards riddled with weaknesses and in need of fix up
kits.

I think that about covers everything. It doesn't sound like the right place
to start to me, but in my other post, I explain how the deflection and power
supply board for the new vector monitor could possibly be used in an
existing WG vector monitor.

-James