Re: New Vector Monitor Project: DEFLECTION SCHEMATIC FOR REVIEW

From: Aaron Howald <Ahowald_at_bilbo.w-link.net>
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 00:55:10 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj@didactics.com>
To: <vectorlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 6:36 AM
Subject: Re: New Vector Monitor Project: DEFLECTION SCHEMATIC FOR REVIEW

> Excellent comments! (be as hard on me as you can) This is a technical
> discussion.
> Some of the issues I was planning to address with more protection
circuitry.
> I will address each issue mentioned and drop another schematic.
> By the way, Op Amps don't blow up and aren't even taxed when they go full
> rail
>
> Thanks,
> James

I found out too that fet op-amps act funny near the supply rails...
set-up as a simple buffer, if the input gets too close to the supply rails,
the output flips over!!! In tests, on +-12volt supplies, with an in of -10
volts or more, the output jumped to +11!! something to think about if
op-amps are used...

Aaron Howald
ahowald@w-link.net