Re: free Black Widow cabinet

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:42:28 EST

I was in Germany in the summers of '88 and '90 <place geeky y2k joke here> and saw the exact same thing. I was 16 and 18 respectively and was quite aware of the laws preventing me from playing outrun (although I did anyway woohoo!) :) Actually, I don't know if it was illegal for me to play or if it was just that the vids were all lumped in the gambling areas and those areas were illegal for minors. Or maybe the German government just didn't like the little teens running around addicted to Tempest and pumping quarters in (like a disease), so they changed the law after you were there? I always thought it was strange that my friends over there didn't know anything about the cool games..

Jon