RE: New Monitor: Spot Killer & microprocessor issues

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 20:56:22 EST

[microcontroller port on new vector monitor]

> I think I'll route a whole lot more than that through there, so you can
> control everything with the micro. It may call for a 32 pin dip, or
> something like that. Would that be OK?

I'd actuall still recommend going with something like a .1" header (dual
row). With those I can mount a board vertically with everything we need. A
DIP type socket is best suited to a parallel board (like all my other
daughtercards) but then we have to worry about clearances and whatnot for
everything around it... A little harder to just get a "shunt" type
connection across it for people that don't want the supervisor too.

-Clay