RE: Ok, Here comes the test

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 12:37:28 EST

-----Original PS.... Any word on a mutli sound board for the Sega Multigame?
That is the last peice that would make life great for my Space Fury.

Text below here is Clay's response:

(Grrrrrr... I hate Outlook Express. I have no idea what this message looks
like it's completely fubar on my screen though.)

Well, in the process of doing an ASIC conversion for work I found out that
Oki still makes their 4-voice ADPCM sample player chips. :-) So, instead of
the NAND-flash + Scenix plan I had a couple months ago I'm now back to
thinking I should just use a bunch of parallel ROM (bank switched) with a
little PIC or AVR and the Oki. I'm going to give it a try sometime and see
what happens. If the quality isn't good enough I'll revert to the Scenix
plan.

(Of course the thought has also occurred to me to try to buy some of our old
Micronas MP3 decoder chips and do something goofy like buy a CD of the Star
Trek movie soundtrack and have that play in the background... But then it
occurred to me that it'd probably be cheaper to just go buy a "Criag" or
"Coby" brand portable CD player and just have that play the CD... ;-)

-Clay