Re: Amplifone HV probs/Thank you John Robertson

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 18:45:11 EST

> > very out of focus and the entire picture swells. The picture expands to
> > the point that the three gun turrets are no longer visible on the sides
> > and bottom of the screen. After the death star explosion, all is well
> > until the next time to blow the darn thing up. I haven't capped the HV
> > yet, but will try that soon.
>
> You mentioned it was a blue HV board -- does it have the 50 ohm
> resistors across the voltage regulators? If not, you should install
> them, especially for a Star Wars. Unmodified blue HV boards are
> really only good for Quantum.
>
> Joe

Joe,

It does not. However I have other blues with dead flybacks that have
had the mod done in the past. I am going to pull the mods off of them
and transfer the components to my one working blue board (maybe later
tonight or more likely in a day or two). Will post results when I'm
done.

Tonight though, my goal is to get the Penn Tran on line (a green
board). It's missing a few transistors and caps which I am going to
replace. Are the mods necessary or beneficial when using a Penn Tran or
Wintron?

Thanks,
Noel