G05 FAQ ?

From: Todd Miller <Todd.Miller_at_telethinking.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 12:39:54 EST

Yesterday I finally got my BW XY monitor working (the single PCB style
like in TM151 manual)
When I would first turn it on you could hear it chatter real hard for
about 5 seconds until the
yoke fuse would blow on the Y amp. I literally lift legged every
component in that section to find
out why. A few months ago, I had capped it and replaced all the
transistors in that section, but still no luck.

As it turned out, all the TIS98 transistors that I replaced had
backwards pinout/orientation compared
to the ones in there before. Isn't that odd or did I get a bunch of
defective transistors ?

Anyway, is there a FAQ on this monitor for improvements for
making it more reliable or durable, now that I got it working
I want to keep it that way.

Todd Miller, LAN Administrator
Ron Weber and Associates
103 E. State Street, Mason City, IA 50401
(515)423-4293/(515)423-4594 FAX
http://www.telethinking.com