Tube swap, take 2

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 12:16:09 EST

Hi all,

Once again, I attempted to graft a raster tube onto my Electrohome G08 monitor.

The tube is a 19VJTP22 which came from a WG4600.

This time, before messing with the tube socket, I simply used clip leads to
connect the socket pins to the neck pins on the tube. Upon firing up, I got
a picture! I found out that there is a slight problem with the deflection
board with the brightness near the brightness adjustment, as moving a resistor
in that area causes the initial video problems I encountered the first time.

The picture was fine, however, the colors were not.

According the the raster manual for adjusting color and purity, there is
something known as a "green band" that goes does the center of the screen.
 There is a procedure for adjusting this so that this doesn't appear. However,
I was unable to remove it.

The colors on the left side are green, the middle was correct, and the right
was purple. Apparently, because of the shape of the tube, I am unable to move
the deflection yoke far enough up to the tube to get rid of this "green band"
effect. I tried just about everything, and I couldn't get rid of it.

So, I have abandoned this. I have heard some people have had luck doing this
with the WG6100 color xy monitors...maybe their yoke is shaped in such a way it
can move up closer to the tube...has anyone had any luck doing so? If so, I'll
just move the tube from my WG6100 over to the G08, and do the same experiment
with the WG6100.

Mark Jenison / __/ /_/ / / / | // | / |__ __/ _ /__ \ Sega/Gremlin
cig.mot.com /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_| Arcade Games
____________ The One and Only 4-player vector game ____________