RE: Tube swap, take 2

From: Paul Tonizzo <Paul.Tonizzo_at_sybase.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 16:25:23 EST

>>> This begs the question, has ANYONE EVER sucessfully used a G08 or 19K610x
>>> yoke, which are designed for 100% tubes (19VLUP22's), on a 90% tube like
>>> the 19VJTP22, 19VLTP22, 19VMNP22 or M48AAW00X [med.res.] and got
>>> it to converge correctly? Was this something that Greg had done a few
>>> years ago? Mark, do you know for a fact that this has been done?
>>>

>> [Ranger Mike]
>> Well Simon beat me to it, but I saw the result of Paul's work, and
>>it was very nice, and living in a Tempest cabaret. The convergence was spot
>>on. Paul made it sound easy, but he does that alot :-), so either he got
>>lucky or he is a patient man. I'm betting on the lucky part.
>>
>> Mike
>So this was from a 6100 yoke on a medium res tube? So my 25" vector project
may look good with WG >boards? I think thats what I read, but its hard to tell
(I don't know tube numbers).

>Jon

Well, it wasn't THAT easy. :')
It took a little patience - definately.
(I'm usually not very lucky in unexplored territory either. :') )

I have never done the swap for a G-08 and can't comment on it.
If the G-08 uses the same tube as a WG6100, it should be possible.
I used the 6100 yoke on the Disco tube (You HAVE to.).

Paul