RE: Tube swap, take 2

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 14:03:00 EST

Mark J. wrote:

>Once again, I attempted to graft a raster tube onto my Electrohome G08
monitor.
>The tube is a 19VJTP22 which came from a WG4600.
...<snip>...
>So, I have abandoned this. I have heard some people have had luck doing
this
>with the WG6100 color xy monitors...maybe their yoke is shaped in such a
way it
>can move up closer to the tube...has anyone had any luck doing so? If so,
I'll
>just move the tube from my WG6100 over to the G08, and do the same
experiment
>with the WG6100.

 This begs the question, has ANYONE EVER sucessfully used a G08 or 19K610x
yoke, which are designed for 100% tubes (19VLUP22's), on a 90% tube like
the 19VJTP22, 19VLTP22, 19VMNP22 or M48AAW00X [med.res.] and got
it to converge correctly? Was this something that Greg had done a few
years ago? Mark, do you know for a fact that this has been done?

And just where can you buy new convergence shunts? The ones off my old
dead tubes have delaminated or are cut too short.

David Fish "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.net By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com _The Prisoner_