Re: "untested" PCBs... and Ebay

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 09:24:50 EST

I ordered a truly untested pcb from someone on the usenet, and it works
fine.
Now, as far as ebay goes, I have sold tons of items, and everything gets
there fine.

The key is to use express mail and their express mail boxes, OR preferably
UPS, which insures automatically and gives a tracking number. Tracking
numbers don't lie (as much)

Everything I have ever shipped has been recieved, and I have sold about 100
items on ebay (non-arcade related)

After months, I finally have run into two deadbeats who flat refused to
honor their bids (what a huge waste of my time and money) and I did leave
truthful negative feedback. At that point, I didn't care if they left
negative feedback to me or not, but they didn't, and it would have been
against ebay rules to do so, since THEY breached the contract which was DEAD
CLEAR.

Not giving negative feedback is just like not reporting a rape. It's
selfish.... someone else is going to get screwed again. If you're afraid of
giving negative feedback, at least leave neutral feedback with a comment
like "questionable practices..."

James

nelsonjjjj on ebay!