Asteroids Deluxe with WG19V2000 problems

From: Josh Wirth <jwirth_at_gru.net>
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 14:49:02 EST

Hey all... long time since I have been here (although I never said much
before anyway...)

I have an AD with WG monitor and I cannot get the white-dot to disappear
unless the vectors are nearly invisible themselves. I have it at a point
where the intersection of vectors is clearly visible but the vectors pretty
dim. I have the HV adjusted so the proper voltages are on Q900. The
deflection board seems to work just fine. There is very little burn-in on
the monitor (so I am guessing the tube is probably OK.) Any clues as to
what I might need to do to get this thing up? Should I change the high
voltage rectifier coming out of the flyback? If so, the schematics list it
as a H1809... something I haven't been able to cross-reference. Could there
be a problem with the vector generator on the main board? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  Josh