Electrohome tube swap: follow up

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 11:14:18 EST

Hi all,

I finally broke down a purchased a new 19VLUP22 tube through Richardson's
Electronics. With tax and shippping, it came out to around $182.

I put the magnetic rings and yoke from the broken tube on the new one, and
proceeded to follow the convergence procedure. This time, I was able to move
the yoke far enough up the tube in order to remove the "green band". I was
unable to do this with the 19VJTP22 tube, as the neck became too wide before I
could get it near enough to the tube.

So I was able to get the monitor to converge and everything (what a pain).

Does anyone know if the 19VJTP22 will work with a WG6100 yoke? If so, I'll
attempt that swap next.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL