Re: 2101 / 5101 Question

From: ddhumphr <david_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 11:29:21 EST

You can use the 2101's in place of the 5101's. My understanding is that they
consume power at a higher rate than the 5101's (in a battery backup installation
this may become an issue). On the other hand, I have a couple boards with the
2101's in place of the 5101's, and haven't seen any case of them draining the
batteries (that I can notice).

I had heard that the 9101's could also be used in place of the 5101's also.
Larger memory? I can't recall. Never tried them though.

Ace
Ni-Wumpf Ltd.

--
David Humphrey