Re: Atari Power supplies

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sat Dec 25 1999 - 16:52:12 EST

The extra connector is just 110 volt AC, i believe. It's for an extra
cooling Fan and is not critical.

Actually, the Audio Reg 2 may be different between a Space Duel and A
Star Wars. My space duel uses a ver 4 Audio Reg 2, which doesn't have
caps at C22, C23, C24, and C31. It's also missing several power
resistors and the +12 and -5 voltage regs at Q8 and Q9, respectively (by
design). I would be hesitant to try to power up a Star Wars Boardset
with this Audio Reg Version, however, if your Space Duel has an earlier
Audio Reg 2 version then it should be compatible..

Good luck/Happy Holidays,

Noel