Tech: Omega Race Vector Squiggles

From: PlayerTwo <player2_at_playertwo.com>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 23:04:10 EST

Hey folks, got a problem and could use your help to narrow it down. I've got a fully working Omega Race that powers up, plays fine, sounds good. However, rather than nice, smoothly drawn lines, I'm getting tiny squiggles. You can still make out all the shapes, images well enough to play the game, and as it warms up, it gets a little better.

Initially thought it was the monitor, but after trying out three different monitors, and a different harness/power supply, I'm pretty sure it's the boardset. I'm guessing a DAC or cap, but would appreciate any input you might have.

(I know, I know, I probably shouldn't be complaining, since it's working at all... <grin>)

P2