Re: 'Troids, was a lot of other junk

From: Tek <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:56:25 EST

I am afraid it is going to be very hard, if not impossible at all, to trace back
until you find the fault.
At this stage, you can only *suspect* the Y output. a scope can give you exact
detail about what is really happening at the output (plain dead or very weak
ect). You might find this out by turning up the brightness of your monitor just
enough to see some picture.

If it is really dead, the problem is probably quite easy to find with an scope
by tracing back all the way to the AM6012 DAC. My first guess would be one of
the opamps or the analog multiplier (if they are on your board). At last, I
would suspect the DAC.

The VERY last thing that could cause this would be the buffers/counter which
provide the data for the DAC. Anything else in the digital domain would be more
likely to generate other problems, like a distorted picture.

If you really cannot get a scope, just replace the opamps and if that don't fix
the problem replace the multipliers (if there).

Use sockets while you're at it!

Hope this helps a bit...