Re: Compare Amplifone and WG?

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 17:58:25 EST

joe.magiera@msg.ameritech.com writes:

<< Not trying to be difficult here, but I'm sure I read someone on the
 vectorlist say (within the past month) that the Ampliphone's can't handle
 the death star explosion. And I read where someone else said that their
 Ampliphone lasted like 3 games in Star Wars. What gives? Also, what about
 the blue and red chassis stuff? >>

Not trying to be difficult here, but, Joe, you need to read my Amplifone HV
guide. This will tell all, and then some... You need the 5w 50ohm resistors
on the HV board to handle transient voltages that occur during the Death Star
Blowout. Using an early unmodded Amplifone HV unit is asking for trouble,
they are the ones who can't handle the Death Star Blowout unless modded....

http://www.gamearchive.com/video/manufacturer/atari/vector/monitors/amplifone/
amp_hv_faq.html

See the faq...it's in there.