Compare Amplifone and WG?

From: Magiera, Joe (AIT) <joe.magiera_at_msg.ameritech.com>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:17:13 EST

Apparently I should know this, but I don't, so can someone please tell me
the significant differences between an Amplifone (sp?) and a WG (and
Electrohome for that matter) vector monitors? It always sounds like the
Amplifone's are talked about as if they're the ultimate, but then reading
the discussions, I see stuff like "they can't handle the death star
explosion on Star Wars", and where the red (or was it blue) chassis stinks.
I have to admit, I saw a WG on a Star Wars with a new cap installed and
proper convergence, etc.. I can't imagine a nicer display on a monitor. I
also have only heard about G08's installed on Sega games. Is there some
limitation there? Has a G08 ever been tried in a Star Wars or Quantum? Has
an Amplifone or WG ever been put in a Star Trek? If so, what were the
results (visual and otherwise)? How does a WG64xx stack up against the
rest? (As if I had one) ;^)

Can someone please take me out of the dark on this? Thanks,

Joe

joe.magiera@ameritech.com