Re: various vector...

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 16:36:38 EST

Well, This sucks. I agree with the rule, but this still sucks.

-Al-

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> I'm afraid I just can't get along with this rule. There's too many
> exceptions. "Push" commerce isn't allowed except for reproductions and
> whatnot... What the hell? It's still selling something. Presumably the
> seller still makes money-- presumably the product is available in even
> *greater* quantities than original parts. Selling a reproduction control
> panel is OK, but selling an original isn't? Huh? "Pull" commerce is OK
> too? ('I need a such-and-such')
>
> My aim was not to cause overt trouble with my post, but I did want to probe
> the reaction and see if things have settled down. Obviously my post caused
> problems, and I'm afraid I don't agree with the policy-- nor do I care to
> abide by it.
>
> Since this isn't my list to direct, I will respect the wishes of the group
> as a whole and simply unsubscribe. I'm afraid I just liked the "old days"
> better when I could find parts and equipment in forsale posts and if the
> discussion drifted off topic I didn't need to worry about a federal
> inquiry-- or being an "offender". :-( I haven't used a 2400bps modem in
> years, so bandwidth isn't a concern-- and I'm quick with the 'delete' key if
> I don't like something I see.
>
> Sorry to have ruffled any feathers. No hard feelings Joe/Paul; the work you
> guys put into the list is appreciated. Everyone else-- sorry for this one
> last "off-charter" post...
>
> Perhapts someday I'll find the time to maintain a list for vector-related
> parts/games/repro commerce! ;-)
>
> Regards,
> -Clay

-=               Al Warner batlzone@cyberenet.net                    =-
-= Learn how to install a Cap Kit in your video game's monitor and   =-
-= see a whole lot more on my web page at:                           =-
-=               http://www.cyberenet.net/~batlzone                  =-