Re: Setting color levels on vector monitors

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 08:45:09 EST

I think Tempest's color screen kinda sucks, at least after looking at the how much better my TV looks now after using a professional tool :) When you look at the SMPTE color bar test (http://www.displaymate.com/bars.gif) on a TV, you can use a blue filter to perfectly tweak the tint and color controls. This wouldn't work for vector monitors (since they don't have a tint control), but there are probably decent test patterns that could be displayed to do something similar. Maybe I'll send an email to one of these places that design patters for video and ask them about it. Maybe there are some better screens for setting convergence as well.

Jon

BTW, does anyone know of a URL that describes installing those magnetic shunts? I'd love to be able to perfectly converge a monitor, but I'm guessing I would need those for any imperfections. Also, I'd like to know where to buy them.

<COMMERCE> (somewhat related)

WTB: WG6100 yoke for my 720->MH (so I don't have to kill a perfectly good monitor)

<\COMMERCE>