Re: G-80 conversion wiring hell.

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 18:33:53 EST

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Mark A. Jenison wrote:

> P30 should be treated as if there were 3 wires; ignore the black wire.
> No Sega XY cabinets I've seen have 4 wires per connector; only 3 per
> connector is needed. I believe the wiring for the control board pinouts

Well -- I'll send you a picture of mine. :-)

> I'll double check my setup tonight, but if you can't wait that long, feel
> free to cross all sorts of wires and fry your XY set (because then I can
> sell you a set! MUUUAAAAHHH!)

Tough break -- I pulled out the plug, swapped connectors -- and it works.

Well, except for the jittery screen, and the dirty buttons you have to press
hard on.

Oh -- and the fact that putting a 10k ohm pot in line from the boards to the
amp STILL isn't a volume control. Back to the schematics -- unless anyone
wants to drop a hint as to what actually is a volume control in one of these
beasts.

Thanks for your help !

-Chris