Re: The first 25" Major Havoc lives!

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 14:53:52 EST

I don't know the tube used. Unless its visible from the back, I probably wont. It is from a 720, which means its a medium res WG 25K5515 monitor. On it, I used a WG6100 yoke and nipple, but used the magnetic convergence rings from the 720. The HV cage fit nicely on the wooden bottom of the monitor frame and I used a monitor bracket from an Asteroids Deluxe to secure and (more importantly) ground it. You saw the deflection board hack that used your heatsinked chasis transistors (which worked perfect btw - fairly warm after several hours, but not HOT :). To make everything fit, I had to lengthen the yoke wires, degaussing coil wires, HV/deflection board interconnect, and the neck/deflection board interconnect.

In one of the pictures, you can see the big mess working before I actually lengthened all of the wires. I was able to get it close enough for everything to fit, and I used a bunch of alligator clips to ground all of the ground wires to the chasis. When I was finished, I opted to use a wire nut to tie all of the ground wires together along with a wire I bolted to the frame. This lets me disconnect everything easily, and I didn't have to lengthen the wires :).

Jon