Re: File images

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 13:25:39 EST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Neil Bradley wrote:

> More than half of us use telnet style email programs since some of us
> can't get through our firewalls at work using normal POP3, and having
> it there is invaluable.

As long as we're on the subject, would it be possible to automagically
filter out HTML mail? It's pretty horrific to try and read an email, only
to see that it's two or three times longer than it needs to be because a
mail client has duplicated the mail's contents as an HTML attachment after
the message.

Since most HTML-doubled messages appear as file attachments of the HTML
alongside the original mail, any filter which stripped attachments from
mail bound for vector/rasterlist could also serve double duty by
stripping the HTML attachments.

(In general, HTML in mail is IMHO evil - after all, mail is supposed to be
readable regardless of what client one is using, and a web browser and an
email client are two wholly different things. I don't see any cases where
the HTML is actually being *used* anyways. It's just one of those bits of
bloat and chrome that lazy software deisgners have thrown into their
products without thinking of the impact it has on other users.)

Later,
Doug.

--
 dougj   |