Re: ST Speech

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 15:38:47 EST

The more likely problem was that they put the speech in there thinking they
were going to use it, but never added the calls in the game software to trigger
them.

As for the WAV files, I always thought these were sound effect generated by
special hardware. But they aren't! There are 51 separate samples, mostly
voice samples, in there.

Todd Miller wrote:

> Last night I double checked and did a file compare
> with the ROM's I have against the one's Rodger
> posted and they are the same file(s) & check sums.
>
> We know the speech is there, it's documented and
> there are wav files for MAME so someone had to
> sample them. Is it possible that a component failure
> either on the speech board or CPU board would prevent
> these phrases from being triggered or is it possible to
> force the speech board to say these (for testing purposes) ?
>
> Todd Miller, LAN Administrator
> Ron Weber and Associates
> 103 E. State Street, Mason City, IA 50401
> (515)423-4293/(515)423-4594 FAX
> http://www.telethinking.com <http://www.telethinking.com>

Windows:
32 bit graphical interface for a