Re: DVG Multigame

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 07:35:17 EST

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Neil Bradley wrote:

> Start with an Asteroids Deluxe PCB. Using either of the other PCBs would
> render AD to be mostly silent. The other sound effects that Lunar Lander
> and Asteroids have that are generated with discrete circuitry can be
> generated (at least closely approximated) by the Pokey.

Clay was working on such a multigame a few months ago. His was based on an
Asteroids PCB, since they are probably the most plentiful. His multi-game
added a POKEY to the Asteroids board, which gives the AD sounds, and A/D
needed for the pot for Lunar Lander. I believe there was also going to be
an option for using 2 of the buttons for thruest up/down.

(POKEY's are actually very available, from that stash of Ball Blazer's
cartridges).

Hopefully Clay can give some more details of what he was doing. It looks
like he has more ideas than time :-) .

-Chris