RE: Relocatable vector games available

From: Jean Baudin <jean_at_myarcade.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 19:06:30 EST

Hey Clay,

The puzzle idea sounds cool.

here's another idea for you, using existing asteroids graphics plus a few
lines.

Make something like Raceroids (or racer-oids).

Have the player's ship start at one side of the screen and have him fly
from one side to the other through a radomized maze (think of a berzerk
maze, but a little more complicated). Put a Timer on the screen (30
seconds?) and the player gets bonus points for making it across with more
time and dies if the timer goes out or he hits a wall. The stages would be
quick.... As the levels increase obstacles and goodies can be added:

- Gravitational Pull
- Treasures in treacherous nooks (bonus points)
- Flags to tag, like a skiing game
- Asteroid Waterfalls that must be shot to pass through.
- Saucers that track after the player or remain stationary/locked (ala
Gravitar).
- perhaps some stages contain a key that must be picked up in order to escape.
- etc., etc., etc.

Think Atari 2600 Maze Craze, meets Berzerk, meets Gravitar, meets
Tutankham, meets the maze level in Major Havoc. .

If you want I will make a mock screenshot for you. hahaha.

- jean

If this is for The Asteroids... what about mixing Asteroids, with
Berzerk... kinda like a go to one s