RE: Relocatable vector games available

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 18:23:29 EST

>Well - while we are now loading Clay down with creeping featurism...
>
>I don't have a Tempest so can't play Vector Breakout... can you get it to
>run in the muligame???? Easily without jeopardizing the project again

Well, the processor's the same, there's a POKEY, and I didn't use too many
tricks in the AVG-- but I just can't imagine it would be much fun to play...
  Black and white breakout with buttons for control? Sounds like it might
have a pretty high "ick" factor.

I've been itching to do some new little game for a while, so maybe I'll come
up with something. I thought it would be cool to do something that wouldn't
be a commercial success (like if it was in an arcade), but would be kinda
fun to play as long as you didn't have to feed it quarters.

One that I think would be neat (IMHO) is something vaguely puzzle-like.
Basically a set of objects scattered on the screen (different for each wave)
that act as gravity attractors or repulsors. On the top of the screen is
your character and you can drop something through the gravity fields. The
object will fall (kind-of like a marble dropping on pegs), but with gravity
affecting its path. You have a limited number of things to drop with which
to hit a target. Hit the target, advance to next level with new placement
of gravity thingies... Maybe moving targets or something.

I'd also like to try a Pinball game, but I vaguely remember those being
maybe trickier than I'd like to program...

Suppose I could port some Atari 800 pinball game and just put the DVG
front-end on it.

-Clay