Troubleshooting a 19K6100 series monitor

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 17:14:58 EST

I'm working on a tempest monitor and almost have this thing working. In
fact, at one point I got the picture to come up. Here's the problem....

The deflection board is working. The Tempest motherboard is working
100%. The spot killer light on the monitor stays off and I can hear the
deflection working happily away. The CRT is glowing like it should.
There is nothing wrong with the High voltage unit itself. I'm getting
proper voltages going it. The only problem I see is - I am getting zero
voltage going into the Focus assembley. For a while it was working but
then it shut itself off. I'm trying to figure out what is causing the
voltage go out. Could it be something on the neckboard that is causing
this?

I'm not yet familiar enough with this monitor to know why the spot
killer would stay off and yet the focus assembly would get no voltage.

Any ideas as to what to check?

thanks....

Matt