RE: Quantum pre-CPO planning questions

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 09:04:15 EST

> -What is the color of the trak-ball? I believe it's midi
> sized. Will a
> stanard Wico or Happ midi trak ball work without wiring
> harness changes?

Black, midi-size Trakball. I stole mine from a Millipede. In fact
the Millipede C.P. harness is nearly identical, except for the
swapped PWR/GND to the trakball. The 'fire' wires are unused
in Quantum's harness. FWIW, the AC harness from a Black Widow
is identical to Quantum's.

> -Are the player-1 & player-2 start buttons the normal Atari red light
> blinking buttons (or something else)?

The originals have the RED LEDs although the conversion I picked
up had the non-lit type. I assumed someone swapped them out. The
schematics show lit versions too.

> -Is the front glass/plexi clear, smoked, etc. and is there
> any art work on
> it?

The front glass is that same dark purple that the rest of the
vectors use. The size is the same as S.D./Grav/B.W.

> -Is there any art work on the monitor bezel, or is it simply black
> cardboard/plastic?

Black cardboard.

Dave