Re: Troubleshooting a 19K6100 series monitor

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 12:53:42 EST

I got it working last night. I don't know why I thought the spot killer turned
the high voltage off, but now that I think about it... duh.
There were a couple of problems. 1) The high Voltage unit *was* the problem -
There was a bad trace near the -27v pin. 2) Somehow the 3.9ohm resistor must
have taken a hit at one point because it's resistance was something like
50ohms. So the voltage across it dropped by almost 2/3rds. The collector of
BU407 was only getting about 9volts. - I fixed a few other problems - but now
it works perfectly.

My description probably wasn't too good. I should have mentioned that I wasn't
getting any high voltage at all - not just that the focus voltage was missing.

Thanks guys....

Matt