Re: Dead Black Widow board (was: Re: Trouble with WG6100)

From: Walt <wfeeger_at_amengtest.com>
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 09:14:02 EDT

Roy:

Yep, already did that. Removed, socketed and installed all new chips in the
XY portion of the board. Last night I replaced the sockets under the AVG
chip and the Vrom3 (rom at R7 I believe).

I can get into the setup/diagnostics - Screen 1 is unreadable (and I get no
tones when pushing the joysticks/buttons, etc), Screen2 produces the
crosshatch pattern and the character set. The only other problem is with
the screen with the squares which reduce in size (to test the scalability).
The squares reduce in size fine, but with each decreasing box, there is
supposed to be an accompanying tone - I only get a static click (and yes the
pokey are good).

I have a feeling the error is probably showing up in the first diagnostic
screen - but its unreadable.

Walt