Re: G08 question

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 18:21:12 EDT

Rodger Boots wrote:

> If it's from emitter to base (would have to be) I wouldn't see any
> disadvantages to it.

The two pins of a 2n6259 transistor appear to be base and collector per
the G08 schematics, but I am not sure.

Also, this leads to another question. My G08 manual shows Q705 and Q605
as NPN transistors (MJ15003 or NTE60) and Q706 and Q606 as PNP
transistors (MJ15004 or NTE61). I thought it was common to use 2n6259's
(NPN) in all four locations. In fact that is what both of my monitors
had installed. Is there a mistake in the G08 manual or a different
monitor revision which uses the combination of PNP/NPN transistors,
rather than 4 NPN's?

Thanks!
Noel