Re: It's alive 25" vector

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 22:02:40 EDT

Jon Raiford wrote:

> I was able to converge mine almost perfectly, but the colors are a little off at the top and bottom. The convergence rings are set properly, but are you suggesting that its placement on the neck could be the cause of my problem? Also, any idea how magnetic shunts affect the display or any FAQ that describes them?

He's right -- the front-back positioning of the yoke can indeed make all
the difference in getting all of the colors right, particularly those
blotchy spots. I found this out the hard way.

I don't know why it is, but it's very tough to find a good, step-by-step
list of instructions on exactly how to align the convergence on a new
CRT or yoke. I finally managed to find just a set of instructions,
produced by Video Display Corporation in Georgia. I don't know if they
have a web site but I do have a fine list of instructions in my notes at
work. I'll put that on my list of things to do: Bring it home and share
it with everybody.

Those "magnetic shunts" also make a difference, too. Said list of
instructions describes those, as well.

More later.

Matt J. McCullar
Arlington, TX

"Daddy? Can you fix the TV? All the blood is yellow."