Re: G08 question

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 05:21:22 EDT

Be VERY careful here, EARLY G08s used the MJ15003/MJ15004 combination. Later ones
used 2N6259s. The driver circuits are different.

The case of a TO-3 style power transistor should always be collector. I suppose
there is something out there that violates that rule, but I've never seen or heard
of one. To carry this even further, the case of a metal transistor is always the
collector. On plastic power transistors the tab is always the collector.