Re: 25" Phillips tube/yoke pairing?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 15:41:30 EDT

Data is at
http://www.dc.comp.philips.com/products/product/tvt/normal/datashts/a59eak071x_ds.html

If you click on PDF data you will get a spec sheet for the CRT itself. If you
click, instead, on the A59EAK071X44 assembly number you can get to data on the
tube with the yoke in question already installed. There is another PDF
datasheet available there for the combination.

There is also another version of this tube that has an Invar shadow mask
instead of an iron one, but it takes higher voltages and slightly more yoke
current to use.

Horizontal yoke specs are .38 mH, .36 ohms, and 9.2 amps p-p for full
deflection. If you change that from parallel to series connected that would
translate to 1.52 mH, 1.44 ohms, and 4.6 amps p-p (2.3 amps for full
deflection).

Vertical yoke specs are 6.2 mH, 3.5 ohms, and 2.19 amps p-p for full
deflection. If you change that from series to parallel connected that would
translate to 1.55 mH, .875 ohms, and 4.38 amps p-p (2.19 amps for full
deflection).

Like you said, a bit high on the inductance, but a stacked output stage (like
the old class D or class G) could handle this easily.

I tried Richardson Electronics, but they really aren't in the TV picture tube
business and, even though the part number shows in their database, it comes up
as a blank entry.

It may very well turn out that using a Wells-Gardner tube from the K7000 series
and a Wintron custom-made yoke is the best way to go, but then a person has to
try to hunt down tube sockets and convergence assemblies. That could get ugly.

James Nelson wrote:

> Please Tell more about this tube/yoke combination. The inductance is a
> little high but not out of the reasonable range. Drive electronics would
> need to be closer to 60 Volts. Where can I get one?
>
> -james

Windows:
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch for an