Re: Tempest Spot Killer On w/ LV2000 and Zanen 206.

From: <SigmFSK_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 18:11:35 EDT

jhendrix@quark.com writes:

<< Arthur,
    Glad to see you made it over here.

 First of all, I would say that the D100-D103 and Q901 and Q902 are all OK.
 (since you are getting +/- 26V and you can see a dot when you turn up the
 brightness)

 Use your multimeter and check the x and y outputs from the game. You should
 see a DC voltage close to 0, and an AC voltage of something (sorry, can't
 remember about where is should be). Basically, if you get an AC voltage of
 0, or a DC voltage that's stuck on some value that's not real close to 0,
 then you probably have a bad output section on your game board.

 -jeff >>
Thanks for the help Jeff; its great to receive such a quick response. Per
the zanen206.html, I checked the fuses F600 and F700 of the deflection board
(instructions say R600 and R700 fuses) - stays constant at 0 volts. It says
check for +/- .5 volts, if between 5 and 15 volts then check the X and Y
amplifiers on the GAME board.... I think this is what you're referring to
also. So at least its not 15 volts, but not detecting anything - maybe just
a bad reading, though. Game plays, just blind (even made it through first
three levels, woo hoo!).
Arthur.

p.s. Are these messages archived anywhere, like the www.egroups.com zappy
listing, or is it just catch up from when you subscribe?