Re: Asteroids Deluxe board broblems.

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 16:48:54 EDT

The best way to fix this is by replacing the cheapest parts first (unless you can track down the fault with a scope).. Start with the TL081/2's, then the 4016's. Before you change out the DAC's be sure they are getting a signal (actually you should probably start here). Look at pins 4 - 14 for activity. Typically, the op amps seem to die on vector boards.

Jon