Please help with Omega Race

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 02:13:46 EDT

Hello,

     I'm trying to repair an Omega Race board for the first time. I've
changed almost EVERY ram, and I'm still getting errors. In test mode, I get
no picture on the screen ecept for a diagonal line that will start from the
LR corner and trave the whole screen to the UL corner. The error codes start
with 5 beeps/flashes (of start led's), and cycles through 12 beeps/flashes.
This would indicate that EVERY ram on the board was bad, but I've replaced
them all with new ones. I was thinking of checking the address lines, but I'm
not sure.
     To verify that the self test was working properly, I removed the rom 4
at location J7. The self test then detected that rom 4 was bad, and then did
it's usual routine of giving me an error on every ram on the board. I'm not
sure what to check next. Please help if you can.

Thanks,
Michael Kelley